Gluten-free Apple Pie
This is an excellent gluten-free dessert that is perfect for those who are on a gluten-free diet. This recipe contains the ingredients and directions for making the gluten-free pie filling and the gluten-free pie crust. This is an excellent dessert for serving with ice cream or whipped topping. It is delicious served with lunch or dinner meals. It has a very pleasant aroma. It is very nutritious as it contains a high amount of vitamin C. The pie will store very well in a covered pie container for a couple of days. Slices may even be reheated in the microwave. I hope that you will enjoy serving this delicious gluten-free pie to your family, friends and guests. Enjoy!
Ingredients for two gluten-free crusts:
2 cups of gluten free flour
1/2 cup of sugar
10 tablespoons of butter, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon of guar gum
1/2 cup of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of gluten free vanilla extract
Ingredients for Apple Filling:
6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 cup of sugar
Directions for crust:
1. Mix the cornstarch and flour.
2. Add sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
3. On a gluten-free floured surface, knead and fold the dough until well combined.
4. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
5. Roll the dough into a ball.
6. Roll the dough into a circle of 10 inches in diameter. You should have enough dough to make 2 tenm inch circles.
7. Press the crust into a pie plate and cut the excess dough around the edges. Leave the other circle of dough on the side.
8. Bake the crust for 5 minutes on 375 degrees F. Take out and let cool.
Directions for filling:
1. In a large bowl, mix the apple slices, cinnamon, sugar, salt and nutmeg until well combined,.
2. Spoon the apple mixture into the half baked pie crust. Spead evenly.
3. Take the other piece of uncooked dough and place on top of the pie filling, pressing firmly around the edges of the pie dish. Make two small slits in the top of the dough.
4. Bake the pie for 40 minutes on 350 degrees F heat. Allow the pie to cool before serving.
5. Serve and enjoy!
- Awesome Gluten-Free Apple Pie Recipe – Food.com
- Gluten-Free Impossibly Easy French Apple Pie recipe from Betty …